Sunday, January 31, 2010

Are you doing what you love?

From an early age I decided that I wanted to be in sales or do something where sales skills would come into play, while my friends were dreaming that they wanted to be firefighters or police officers or pilots , I would dream that I could be talking to people and make a living , my grand father was great at it , I use to ride with him from time to time with my cousins while he would go out and push the lamps that his factory made , he had sales people but he would always say "no report sheet will tell you how the customers buy your product" , and while my cousins were playing in the car I would go on this sales calls with him and boy was he a master ,I learned early that the number of sales you make is directly in proportion of the calls you make , I mean you can't win them all right? unless you are my grandfather but that's for another article.

I Love sales , I Love the hunt , uncovering needs and guiding people through the process is an art , no manipulation techniques no typing the customer , just a genuine desire to help other people through my service.

When should I ask for the sale? often but you should know when to do it , do it too early or too late and you miss an opportunity , you have to be able to recognize buying signals , when a customer asks how much up front is not good , when they ask how much after your presentation ...ding ding ding buying signal baby!!

Do you wake up everyday excited about going to work? excited that you are going to a place where you will be doing what you love to do and on top of that you get paid? I do , if I was any more excited I would have to pinch myself , big question , why not discover what you love to do? bigger question , do you already know what it is? biggest question , what are you waiting for?

Daily doses of attitude , daily doses of knowledge , daily doses of fitness etc..
They say an apple a day right? it does not say 30 apples at the end of the month , so why do you feel like you should cram everything up the last day? why do you have to scramble ? why not prepare ourselves?
Read everyday for 15 minutes in the morning before you start your day , make it something about attitude , humor , spiritual , religious but read everyday, invest your time don't spend it , watch less TV and use those hours for something that will advance your sales career, prepare yourself for the next day , where are you going? who are you calling ? keep impeccable notes and practice impeccable follow up.

It is so amazing to me how many sales people don't take the time to make selling easy , only 2 words bubba.....HARD WORK , but I promise you that if you follow this simple guidelines you will succeed.

Remember that you don't get good at sales in a day , you get great at sales day by day , so prepare yourself and be a student of sales.

Now go out and have a great sales day !